Saturday, May 10, 2008

Scary Karachi, 12th May Nightmare Haunts My Memories …

After spending over 20 days at LUMS in Lahore “my academic abode as well as my second home”, I am flying back to Karachi on 11th May…..On 12th May i will be opening my eyes in Karachi. It reminds me the last year's scary memories of killing spree on the streets of Karachi.

On May 12, 2007, riots erupted across Karachi. During the riots city roads were blocked, cars burned and hundreds of people were injured, killed and arrested, most of them Political workers.
More I think more I feel and stress my mind ….always end up comparing my city with Haitian Town, Mogadishu, Harare, Ivory Cost, and Niger etc……. pessimism dominates my thoughts…even at times I wonder, will this city ever truly become a city where people respect each others political views, where streets would become crime free…….

Pessimism always smiles back on my wishful thinking……….

Let us see how 12th May welcomes me in Karachi……..

When I thought of Karachi my blog topic turned from fun loving lighter aspect of life to scarier and pessimist thoughts……

This time i truly do not feel like going back to Karachi :-( but i want to spend Mothers Day at Home :-)

No comments: