Monday, June 16, 2008

A Big Wow for Indians and Awesome Creation of Mahindra Scorpio

Tata pioneer Jamsethji and Rattan have already inspired me a lot, I am mesmerized the way they have created wealth for the nation. Tata biography is one of my favorite books. List goes beyond Tata, Dheorbhai Ambani of Reliance is another figure I adore a lot along with BIRLA & Godrej Family.

Today I came to know about Mahindra & Mahindra, the Indian Vehicle & Tractor manufactures along with host of other businesses. What I like about Anand Mahindra ‘the CEO’ when he came back from Massachusetts to join business, he gave importance to INTEGRITY the ETHICS that is the driving force behind the USD 5 billion company. To him other things are easy to handle and secondary but future of a company holds with the integrity.

They have introduced Indian SUVs in US market, selling 40,000 vehicles is a big success; I am very much convinced that it is ethics and integrity that drives Indian organizations forward.

I was glad to see Harvard writing a case study on Mahendra Scorpio SUV, the success behind the company that set up production house in just USD 150 million and car designed by a 26 years old IIT student.

On the other side I look at Pakistani business houses, the Textile Tycoons and other businessmen ‘Robber Barons’ , the overall mindset and treatment of workforce and appalling business standards make me feel pessimist about Pakistan. Hardly expect to see Pakistani giants on global scene.

No comments: