Saturday, January 17, 2009

Captain Sully is More Than a Hero

Coming week I am going to be in Washington DC, than to New York, Captain Sully’s heroic action truly engrossed me with the United States, the way over hundred lives were saved. On 16th Jan, early in the morning when I opened the bbc news web page, i was socked to see a jetliner with 150 passenger and 5 crew members plunged into the icy Hudson River less than five minutes after taking off from LaGuardia Airport. Capt. C.B. Sully Sullenberger and crew performed heroic actions to bring all 150 people to safety. Captain made sure that everyone is safe, and then he got out, showed true professionalism which lacks in Pakistan. I am already impressed with American society, the way they developed economically. I am eager to experience and find the understanding of the word “American Dream”, and have first hand exposure of US & to share my perception of America with Liz. Today I started thinking that English dictionary should add/invent another word for Captain Sully, he deserves to be called more than a HERO.

2 comments:

Liz said...

You will see what is so special about the USA when you are here. You have never experiences anything like this. All the different people and languages all around you. The fast pace and the energy that says there is a lot to do in one day. I know you will love it and want to return often. Plus the people are great. Look how those New Yorkers all pitched in to save those plane crash victims. That is the United States and Barack Obama is a new start for us. :)

Imran Baloch said...

Hmmmmm i would love to experience all..... Hope it would be awesome exposure...

Hmmm ya that was amazing the way all pitched in.....

I am excited to see OBAMA heading US...hope things get better