Saturday, October 3, 2009

Free HUGS For ALL!!!! A Hug is What We Need!!!


I lately came across a video; it says “sometimes, a hug is what we need”. It is so true; we are becoming socially isolated and individualistic in the age of modern technology. Instead of talking to fellow commuters in TUBE or Metro, many would prefer IPod music.

Later I searched about the campaign background, I came across that “Free hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whos sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives. I still remember my discussion during home hospitality dinner in Salt Lake City, UTAH, our host was of the opinion that “In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of connecting people became phenomenal”.Interestingly, as this phenomenon of Free Hugs campaign spread, police BANNED.

The motto of the campaign was “PASS THIS TO A FRIEND and HUG A STRANGER”!

Campaing had interesting background, Juan Mann, was living in London, things turned bad for him and he had to land in his homeland Sydney, back there “No one to welcome him, no place to call home, he was a tourist in his hometown”

Juann mentions that standing in the arrival terminal; he saw other passengers’ meeting their waiting friends, smiling, hugging, laughing and he wanted someone out there to be waiting for him, to be happy to see him, to smile at him and to hug him.. Awwwwwwwwwww.


He got a cardboard and a marker and made a sign, found a busiest pedestrian intersection in the city and held the sign with words “Free Hugs” on both sides, from there onward people responded and he got Free HUGS.

People feeling lonely, going through ordeal, hugged Juann and its all comfortable human connection.

Let me share, even we in Pakistan, friends and married couple can not give Free Hugs whenever any loved one traveling back home.

We also need a Free HUGS campaign ;)
Here are the lyrics of Free Hugs video;
I don't mind where you come from
As long as you come to me
I don't like illusions I can't see
Them clearly
I don't care no I wouldn't dare
To fix the twist in you
You've shown me eventually
What you'll do
I don't mind...
I don't care...
As long are you're here
Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same
Hours slide and days go by
Till you decide to come
And in between it always seems too long
All of a sudden
And I have the skill, yeah
I have the will
To breathe you in while I can
However long you stay
Is all that I am
I don't mind...
I don't care...
As long are you're here
Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's always the same
Wrong or rightBlack or white
If I close my eyes
I's all the same
In my life
The compromise
I close my eyes
It's all the same
Go ahead say it you're leaving
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same

No comments: