Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stunning Anita Dongre & Cool Manish Malhotra !!

Lakme Fashion Week is one of the event I follow every year. It shows stunning clothes with eastern, western and folk fusion. While following this year I was inspired by designer Anita Dongre’s “Timeless” collection, it showcased folk of Rajhistan in traditional Choli and drap sarees.

What I liked about Dongre, she used rich colors, no wonder she showcased Rajhistan, because she was born and brought up in Jaipur.
It’s the 10th year and during 5 day show, around 50 designers are going to showcase their collection. I just know two of the designers; Manish malhotra is also going to be there along with Neeta Lulla.

I still remember, I hardly knew anything about Indian fashion scene, it was around three years back Manish Malhotra, was attending Kara Film Festival, I bumped into him at Sheraton Jaccuzi, did not know anything about him. We talked about fashion, new trends, his new store in Dubai and collection. Later we met over Kara Film Festival at Karachi Arts Council, since then I started following Manish and sort of developed an interest in fashion.

I lament, Pakistan has a lot of textiles, and we just end up sending fabric abroad. I wish fashion scene gets prominence so that we could add value to our textile and earn foreign exchange for the country.


No comments: