Friday, June 19, 2009

Zeb & Hania Musical Brilliance ‘Paimona at Coke Studio’

Zeb & Hania’s music is a fresh air, sweet voice with melodious music. I still remember enjoying ‘Paimona’ original version in my car on my way for lunch along with my friends. Persian is closer to my language Balochi and for me it’s easier to understand the Persian poetic theme.

When we first heard the song we were simply hooked, lately my friend uploaded Paimona’s Coke Studio version, it was so soothing to ears, awesome melody.

Omar Khayyam, Rumi and Hafiz, everyone cherish in Iran, later I got to know that Paimona is taken from Rubaiyat –e- Omar Khayyam written in late 11th Century.

I am an ardent follower of Omar, everyone knows that despite strong Islamic training, it is clear that Omar Khayyam himself was undevout and had no sympathy with popular religion, but the verse: "Enjoy wine and women and don't be afraid, God has compassion," suggests that he wasn't an atheist. Some religious Iranians have argued that Khayyam's references to intoxication in the Rubaiyat were actually the intoxication of the religious worshiper with his Divine Beloved - a Sufi conceit.

On music side I just loaded the music video and got an interesting translation in Urdu, It would be interesting to listen along with lyrics and their meaning.



video

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there:)
Do you know where I can find the translation of this poem in English?
I m badly addicted to the song and want to send it to a friend, who niether understands urdu or persian.

Thanx
Saba

Imran Baloch said...

Here you go :)

Paimana bideh ki khumaar astam;
Bring me the glass so I may lose myself;

Man aashiq-e chashm-e mast-e-yarastam;
I am in love with my beloved?s intoxicating eyes;

Bideh, bideh, ki khumaar astam;
Bring (the glass), bring (the glass), so I may lose myself;

Part two, translated from Pushto:

Dilgeer garzama labela taana;
You have captured my heart and I wander aimlessly without you;

Khabar me waakhla, raasha jaanana;
My love come/return, and see the state I?m in;

Khabar me waakhla, raasha jaanana;
My love come/return, and see the state I?m in;

Tarso ba garzay te bela mana?
How long will you wander without me?[/

Imran Baloch said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ES0i5C33Mk

Its youtube video along with English and Urdu lyrics. Plz forward the link to your friend

Anonymous said...

Hii guys i wud say dat Paimana song is just amazing.I heared it at Coke studio.I m basically not into this muzic stuff bt one of ma czn called me ove to listen to da song nd IT WAS AMAZING n soo SOOTHING.And I was sooo sooo lukin to fund its lyrics n thnx imran dat u ve posted da translatin too.And me too a baloch bt born n brought up in Dubai nd I was into da english thing soo i hardly understand balochi.I wud love if u try to add on some balochi song lyrix wid translation.mayb i wud improve myself.Thanking u in anticipation

Baluchistan said...

The urdu translation of the poem is wrong.

پیمانہ بدہ، خمار ھستم
من عاشق چشم یار ھستم

I am in love, hence languishing
give me the glass, I am languishing

y2Ai said...

Awesome ... fell in love with the tune, the feel the first time i heard it ... i think the launch of this song has been the highlight of this addition of Coke Studio ...

another song by these 2 ... "Chal diye" is also pretty good ...

thanks for the translation ...

Ranjit Pawar said...

Hi,

Maybe you can comment on my recent blog post. Would be great to get your views on that.

Ranjit